This Web site is independent from WGBH, and is intended solely for scholarly research.
Don Hallock created the original WGBH Alumni Web site for the first reunion in 2000. Later that year, he moved it to its current URL and stewarded it through a burst of creative energy, publishing dozens of profiles, stories, and images over the next six years, through the 2006 Reunion.
When Don stepped down in 2007, Jay Collier volunteered to serve as publisher. He integrated all of Don’s work into version 2.0 of the site, improving findability and searchability, while continuing to publish new material from alumni.
Now working under the umbrella of The Compass LLC, Jay migrated the site into WordPress in September 2010. With Alumni Web 3.0, visitors can now:
- Browse through related stories by category or tag, either in the right sidebar, or at the bottom of every page.
- Add comments on any story or profile; after moderation, they will appear on that story.
- Submit stories and photos directly on the site.
- Subscribe to new stories via RSS or e-mail.
- New stories will be posted to our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Version 4.0 was launched on May 8, 2016. The primary improvement was a responsive design that looks good on devices of all sizes. Jay also began re-architecting the site to bring the most interesting stories about WGBH right to the front.