ZOOM’s 40th Reunion

Cast members of WGBH’s original ZOOM show (1972-1980) met recently with series creator Christopher Sarson in Marshfield MA for an evening of stories, music and lobsters (paid for by viewers like you).

Despite their current ZOOM Rap subjects like “trips to the doctor,” “mortgage payments,” and “the kids,” the Zoomers still keep in touch and manage to get together now and then.

ZOOM's 40th Reunion Party, August 11, 2012, Marshfield MA

Left to right Nina, Christopher Sarson, Nancy, Tracy, Leon, Ann, Joe and Tommy White.

In: 1970s, Stories, WGBH 2, ZOOM

20 Comments

1. Deborah O'Brien
    Posted June 30, 2014 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

My husband David O’Brien was “Red” on Zoom in the 70’s. I would LOVE to be able to connect him with his cast mates. Can you help?
    Debbie

• Michael Ambrosino
      Posted July 18, 2014 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Try Christopher at:csarson@gmail.com

2. Adonnis Jones
    Posted May 25, 2014 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Oh My God, I can’t express in words the joy and happiness that came flooding through when I found this photo. I was Googling where are you guys now. I loved, loved, loved Nancy. My other favorites Leon, Joe…well, truly all of you. The Cat Came Back, my favorite. Bring back my childhood, please! I am just smiling. Where is Bernadette?

3. Karen G
    Posted April 14, 2014 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

An absolutely wonderful time in my preteen/teen years. I wouldn’t eat dinner or be disturbed when that show was on! Best friend gave me a “Zoom Back to the 70’s” dvd for my 53rd b-day. Best gift EVER! And, all the best to the cast members!

4. John
    Posted April 8, 2014 at 11:24 am | Permalink

What a great photo!
    I’m a singer songwriter
    Currently recording an album
    But way back in 72, 73
    I was still just a boy
    & just starting to write songs
    And boy did I have a thing for Tracy
    I used to be glued to the set
    I wrote one of my 1st songs about that
    Little girl a song called Tracy
    It was about how I thought it was our destiny to meet
    And be together
    Kind of hallarious
    What a lonely little kid
    Can talk himself into
    She does look kind of the same
    Nice to see Nina, joe, nancy, ann and tommy in the photo too!
    I loved all the kids in the first 2 casts
    It really brought back a very innocent time in my life
    Thanks

5. Alexandra
    Posted March 12, 2014 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Ok, I will admit that Tracy was my favorite Zoomer, although I loved them all. I even went so far as to name a beloved pet after her. A little yellow duckling that I got one Easter. She grew into a beautiful and elegant white duck that lived long past her life expectancy.

6. Myra Rocha
    Posted February 24, 2014 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE THIS PHOTO. I WATCHED ZOOM IN THE EARLY 70’s. I LOVED EVERYONE, HOWEVER, I WAS MOSTLY FOUND OF NANCY. I LOVED THE MUSICAL SKIT “THE CAT CAME BACK” MY MOTHER CALLED NANCY “HER LITTLE GIRL” AND I ALWAYS THOUGHT OF NANCY AS MY BIG SISTER. :) OH– AND TRACY– YOU HAVEN’T CHANGED A BIT. YOU LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME :)

7. Alexandra
    Posted February 8, 2014 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

I am a Canadian who absolutely loved Zoom and watched it religiously each week on PBS Detroit.
    It is so nice to see that 40+ years later, you are all still looking fantastic!!!
    Thank you so much for posting, Tommy…what great memories this one photo conjured up for me!!!!

8. Manuelita
    Posted January 15, 2014 at 8:36 pm | Permalink

OMG!!!! That’s my generation. My brothers and I grew up watching Zoom. Good memories of my childhood….

9. Jill
    Posted December 8, 2013 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

I just discovered and watched the old Zoom opening and closing songs on YouTube and remembered every word and every cast member, can’t believe it, I loved that show! Thanks for the memories :-)

10. Stephanie
    Posted November 19, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

I absolutely loved Zoom! So refreshing to see and know that you guys stay in contact with one another. While I liked all of the Zoomers,my favorite was Nancy. She was so talented. Would love to know what the original and second season cast are up to these days.

11. Posted October 15, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

I’m emotional, I remembered luis(not in photo) and tracy then they all started coming back to me thanks for all the memories.

12. Tom
    Posted October 12, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

Loved the original show! Never could figure out how to speak in that “subby dubous” language thingy!

• elsa
      Posted October 28, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

I loved this show and yes, was in love with Tommy, lol. Blessings to you all.

• Robin
      Posted November 11, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Ubby Dubby!

13. Dean Micheli
    Posted August 8, 2013 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

What a sweet treat to come across this picture. I watched the show regularly and still have my collection of Zoom cards I sent away for.

14. Margaret m
    Posted May 22, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

Loved your show! And Fannee Doolee!

15. nancy-jean cusanelli
    Posted December 31, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

i used to watch zoom with my son who is 43 now and it was such a fun informative show…thanks for the update

16. Cara
    Posted October 5, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

I wish I could see reruns of the show on TV to show my granddaughter. I loved the it! I never missed a show. Thank goodness for YouTube. Thank you!

17. Woody Woodson
    Posted August 18, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

It is such a wonderful thing to see all of the kids I grew up with on TV as happy adults who still brought smiles to my face.